Although upgrading to a DXP can provide many benefits, there are also several significant risks and potential pitfalls that you need to be aware of before making the decision. In this guide, we will walk you through the most important things to keep in mind when upgrading, so that you can make an informed decision and avoid any common mistakes.
Modern Upgrades Can Be Guaranteed
Modern CMS and DXP upgrades can be a daunting prospect for any organization. With the ever-changing landscape of technology, it's hard to know what platform to choose, let alone how to upgrade your existing system. But it doesn't have to be this way.
In the past, CMS and DXP upgrades have often taken longer than expected and gone way over budget. However, it is now possible to upgrade quickly and easily, with guarantees.
If you are quoted more than $50,000 - $100,000 for an upgrade, you should contact Dataweavers before making any commitments. We can provide you with a DXP that is easy to use and upgrade, with guaranteed results.
At Dataweavers, we specialize in providing guaranteed upgrades. We will work with you to ensure that your upgrade goes smoothly and on time, without breaking the bank. We have a proven history of delivering upgrades for 10-30% of the typical upgrade cost.
Time for Money Approach is Outdated
If your supplier is taking a people-based approach to the upgrade process (ie: Time for Money), then you are overpaying for something that can now be delivered in a fraction of the time using cloud automation.
This traditional approach has been used for many years, is still exists. While one of the only options available in the past, it is no longer the most efficient or cost-effective method available. In fact, it 's now often the source of delays, added costs and tech debt that can be avoided.
There are a number of reasons why the time for money approach is outdated:
- Technology has drastically changed in recent years, and with Dataweavers, you can now do in a fraction of the time what used to take days or weeks.
- The time for money approach often leads to delays as suppliers try to fit in as many projects as possible, leading to a bottleneck effect.
- The time for money approach can be very stressful for both suppliers and customers, which can lead to communication breakdowns and even legal disputes.
It is important to remember that not all suppliers use the time for money approach, and there are many who are willing to work with you to find a more efficient and cost-effective solution.
Checklist for Evaluating Your Current CMS/DXP Experience
When it comes to managing digital experiences, it’s important to have a content management system (CMS) or digital experience platform (DXP) in place that meets the needs of your organization. But how do you know if your current CMS/DXP is providing the best possible experience for your users?
Below, we’ll provide a checklist of key factors to consider when evaluating your current CMS/DXP experience. By taking the time to assess each of these areas, you can get a better sense of whether your current system is up to par — and make changes accordingly.
Inspect Ability for Cost, Security, Compliance, And Performance
When evaluating your current CMS/DXP, there are a few key factors you should keep in mind:
- Cost: How much does your current system cost? Is it affordable in the long term?
- Security: Is your system secure? Can it protect sensitive data?
- Compliance: Does your system comply with industry regulations?
- Performance: Is your system fast and reliable? Can it handle large amounts of traffic?
Security Built-In At All Stages Of Development And Deployment
Ensuring that there is security built-in at all stages is essential in the current threat landscape. Here is a checklist of questions to help you assess your current security experience:
- How easy is it to deploy security patches and updates?
- Are there any known vulnerabilities in the platform?
- How granular are the permissions and roles?
- Is there auditing and logging built-in?
- What kind of encryption is used?
Completely Automated Infrastructure Provisioning
Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Completely automated infrastructure provisioning eliminates the need for manual server provisioning and configuration.
- It is more scalable than a manual one.
- It is more reliable than a manual one.
- It can save you money in the long run.
- It can help you attract and retain top talent.
Pro-Active Threat Detection Across The Whole Stack
A modern Content Management System (CMS) or Digital Experience Platform (DXP) should be able to provide pro-active threat detection across the entire stack in order to keep your business safe from harm. Here are some things to consider when evaluating your current CMS/DXP experience:
- Does your platform have built-in security features that can help detect and prevent threats?
- Are you able to monitor activity across the entire stack in real-time, so you can quickly identify and respond to potential threats?
- Does your platform offer granular control over who has access to which parts of the system, so you can limit the potential for damage if a breach does occur?
- Are you able to quickly and easily recover from any system downtime or data loss, so your business can keep running smoothly no matter what happens?
Zero-Downtime Deployments with True High-Availability
It's important to have a CMS/DXP that can provide high availability, as this ensures that your website or application is always available to users. Downtime can cost organizations dearly in terms of lost revenue, opportunity cost, and customer satisfaction.
When evaluating your current CMS/DXP experience, consider the following:
- Can your current system handle zero-downtime deployments?
- Do you have true high-availability?
- How well does your CMS/DXP handle scaling?
- Is your system easy to use and maintain?
- What kind of support do you have from your vendor?
Upgrading can be hard, but with the right preparation and Dataweavers Cloud Automation, you can avoid common pitfalls and have a smooth transition. If you’re considering upgrading book your 90-min Upgrade Audit today.